Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thank Bob for the Ace Gang!


Happy July 3rd!
So back in the day, one of my college roomies and all around awesome pally, Ms. Melissa Layton used to put together these awesome mix cds as Christmas presents for her room mates. 
They were really fun because each of the roomies, Becky, Nomi, Lissa, and Me would pick out our favorite songs of that year.  And Melissa would put those favorite tracks into a fun playlist!
She would also create an “album” cover and theme for the CD which was always brilliant.
In honor of Melissa’s awesomeness and her love of sharing good music, I created a playlist for her.  Yeah I know it sounds cheesy and corny but I don’t care.
I know Lissa will appreciate my randomness. 
I chose songs from bands she introduced to me which include Mae, New Years Day, October Fall, The Classic Crime and Erin Mckeown (to name a few). I also put on the playlist songs I remember all of us jamming out to in college like “Move Along” by The All-American Rejects,  and “A Million Ways” by OK GO (we tried to learn the dance moves to that song but we just had too much fun goofing around) , ahhh those were the days.  I remember all of us singing loud in the car to “Dark Blue” by Jack’s Mannequin and “I saw it on Your Keyboard” by Hellogoodbye as we drove to nowhere in particular.  I would always add my “wonderful” harmonizing vocals to the songs which would always get a laugh, I don't know why :P. 
I also remember this music as we sang and danced our way through college including the many concerts we got to go to like being able to hear Quietdrive’s amazing cover “Time after Time” as we cheered in the front row!
I included some new tracks that that remind me of Melissa; “You are Young” by Keane and “Fairytale Lullaby” by Bombay Bicycle Club.  I think Fairytale Lullaby is very fitting for Lissa because she also loves reading and books so much.

This is for you, my pally!  I hope you enjoy this music compilation!  Thanks for the good music J





No comments:

Post a Comment